Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Nurse Jackie meets Nurse Bridge


"Do you think we should go to the hospital?"
"Do you want to? If you feel like you need to go, we'll go."
"It is a pretty bad cut...I'll hold out. It's bleeding a lot"
How did this conversation start you ask? My darling Joe was prepping dinner (as those chefs like to say) and sliced his thumb while chopping a red pepper. Now there was a lot of blood and we probably could have gone to the ER and waited for 18 hours for possibly 1 stitch but Nurse Bridge over here decided to take matters into her own hands.
I walked into the blood soaked kitchen. Literally there was blood everywhere! ON the walls, on the counter in the sink - it was like a regular murder scene - CSI would have had a field day! What should have been a relaxing evening actually involved wrapping and re-wrapping Joe's finger in bandages, going to CVS to get band-aids, the invisible band-aid and cold medicine for me - and therefore I didn't get to write last night!
However, prior to last nights "drama" we went to the baptism class at our church. Our little Erin is growing up before our eyes! I'm not a religious person - but in the class I was getting rather emotional for some reason. I guess because I will be going back to work and won't be spending every waking minute with her. I will miss all the beautiful smiles she gives me throughout the day. But I know it will be good for both of us (at least that's what I keep telling myself). In any case my mother made some backhanded comments about the baptism being "late" and she would like to see certain family members there but by the time we do it they won't be around.  Well I'm sorry to say lady but I can't revolve my social world around other people's plans.  I'm going to try and not let it bother me - but let's be honest I know how to hold a grudge!

Well it's only taken me about 3 hours to write this post! Shows you what happens when you become a mother!
Lessons of the past few days:
1) Make sure your husband is paying attention while he is chopping away
2) I'll sleep when I'm dead
3) Keep trudging along!

No comments:

Post a Comment