Sunday, August 8, 2010

Happy 3 Month B-day!

Today is E's 3 month birthday!!!  Yeah for her - except she is a cranky mess today (it's my party and I'll cry if I want to!).  We were at the in-laws yesterday and everyone was cooing at her and I mean it's hard work being cute and having everyone's attention (I mean Erin can totally relate to Jenn Aniston).
It's really funny to see how your life changes after you have a baby.  We used to be a couple that would drink wine on many occasions, make fancy cocktails just for shits & giggles - have friends over whenever we wanted to and just HANG OUT!  Today we were at our close friends house, they have a 3 year-old daughter and a 3-week old baby boy.  I was standing holding Erin while she screamed her head off, their daughter was screaming with delight as her daddy threw her into the air and I realized just how much our lives have changed in the past year.
Now we decide whether or not we can go out to eat around her eating schedule (when she's burping she screams bloody murder and I don't think fellow diners would appreciate that).  Friday nights we are EXHAUSTED and we are now up much earlier on the weekends and if we go out to brunch the restaurants are empty because nobody is up yet!  It's amazing!  But it's a delight.

You can also tell I'm a hands on mommy - not one with a nanny following me around.  And for those of you who have read the book The Nanny (those families really do exist trust me) when we were at the in-laws yesterday I was giving my sister-in-law the chance to hang with Erin, she will be taking care of her when I go back to work, and I had to sit on my hands so I wouldn't jump every time Erin seemed to need something.

Life is different but so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment