Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Face Lift? Identity Crisis??

Face lift?  Identity Crisis?  Call it what you want.  Lately I have been thinking about my blog, my life and everything in between.  Right now life for a lot of people is pretty difficult.  Qualified people can't find jobs, people are getting laid off and families are wondering how they will be able to pay their bills.  There are a ton of IF's in the air!  And from those IF's come hysteria concern and discouragement.  I have been wondering what I can do to ease people's anxiety - people who are also in my position.   Everyday I listen to people complain about the most mundane things and I get frustrated because I know there are millions of people out there with a thousand other things to worry about and I want to scream - Put it in perspective!!!  But then I have to remind myself that everybody's lives are different and we don't exactly know what is going on behind closed doors. 
The other day I donated some books to a school in New York.  And it felt really good.  I know that a lot of NYC public schools struggle to provide supplies to their students and I hope that the books I sent will be helpful.  So it got me thinking wouldn't it be wonderful to help people, animals, families, schools on a more regular basis?  I would love to connect those of you out there that have extra diapers, old clothes, gently used books with people & places that could use those supplies.  I am interested in started a nonprofit organization.  I started extremely preliminary research and so far it's a little overwhelming; so if any of you out there know something please let me know (I would greatly appreciate it).  I will also be researching some nonprofits and writing about them here so that people can learn about different opportunities to help.  Right now we are in a state where most people need help.  Your neighbor, school, community, local animal shelter so if you can't give money perhaps you can donate something you already have.
Don't be surprised if you see some changes around my blog!  I will continue with my 365 Project.  But I also want to start writing about everyday things that happen in life.  Whether it's my life or something that I heard on the news or while reading another blog.  I truly want this to be a place where I can express myself and you can agree or disagree with me and that's okay!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment